YOU ARE NOT LOGGED IN!
Please login to see all forums.
YOU ARE NOT LOGGED IN!
Please login to see all forums.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Treadstone

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

how do i use manual aim

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Revenger
Revenger

how do i use manual aim Empty
PostSubject: how do i use manual aim   how do i use manual aim I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 3:25 pm

From what ive seen, i have got direct hits by calculating the ship's speed, distance and all the factors, then goto the attack map and guess the trajectory of the target, however i get a lot of missed torpedos, how can i make accurate launches?
Back to top Go down
http://www.tlgaming.tk
Interceptor Jason
weed$moke
weed$moke
Interceptor Jason

PostSubject: Re: how do i use manual aim   how do i use manual aim I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 12:29 pm

You are playing on a really "realistic" mode, usually for advanced users. Since you're a beginner, go to your main menu, select options, gameplay options, and (you should turn off everything for easiest gameplay) turn off "manual targeting" and "map contact update".

Now, when your in game, submerged, and have a target in your periscope. Highlight the target and press the red "s" button next to your tube selection. Now you're "locked" on to the target and your weapons officer will automatically give you a solution.

Now go to your attack map. You will see a green line from your boat, this will be your torpedo's trajectory. As long as the enemy boats speed, and angle is consistant, you will certainly hit. Also, make sure your torpedo's are set for "contact influence" and high speed for steam torpedos. Your torpedo depth is usually set correctly once you have locked on to a target.
Back to top Go down
Revenger
Revenger

PostSubject: Re: how do i use manual aim   how do i use manual aim I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 12:36 pm

auto aim is too easy, i like the challenge
i usually do as follows:
1. I use the observation periscope to spot a target, hit the S button to lock on it
2. Open up the panel on the left with the torpedo settings, and use it to get the range and speed of the target
3. adjust the speed, height, distance and angle accordingly
4.goto the attack map. theres a white line with an x mark on it, change the angle a bit so the torpedo fires a bit to the direction the ship is moving to
5. put everyone on battlestations
6. put it on high speed and its contact influence by default
7. fire the torpedo that is facing the ship
8. hope it hits the ship
Back to top Go down
http://www.tlgaming.tk
Interceptor Jason
weed$moke
weed$moke
Interceptor Jason

PostSubject: Re: how do i use manual aim   how do i use manual aim I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 12:39 pm

Well you need to hit at a 90 degree angle (Your bow facing their starboard or port side, and straight on shot is terrible.)
On the bottom left there is a ship recognition manual, it will tell you the boats max speed, height, weight, depth and all the goodies your looking for.

Again, I will recommend you play on easy for awhile first as there is a lot of things to learn still...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how do i use manual aim   how do i use manual aim I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how do i use manual aim
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Silent Hunter 3, 4, and 5-
Jump to: